The Psychological Center in Lawrence, MA is committed to serving individuals living with substance or alcohol addiction, mental health issues or homelessness by providing structured and comprehensive environments that offer hope while empowering individuals to achieve recovery with respect and without stigma. Each person receives individualized treatment to make changes happen toward a healthy and meaningful future.
Group, individual and corporate volunteers are needed in the following areas:
- Landscaping, gardening, painting and general repairs–many of our guests have traveled a hard road to find the help they need. Our wish is to provide our guests with an esthetically pleasing environment while they work towards sobriety or out of homelessness. Daytime and weekend slots available.
- Cooking and food drives—Nutrition is a key factor when moving toward a healthy lifestyle! Although the kitchen at Daybreak shelter is small it still must provide 1500 meals a month. Donations of prepared food and groceries are greatly appreciated.
- Calling all grill masters—the nice weather provides the opportunity for volunteers to cook outside for our guests. Our #1 priority to provide a consistent schedule. Educational groups, counseling and life skill instruction occur all throughout the day and evening; cooking outside provides volunteers with the opportunity to cook and possibly serve while maintaining the integrity of the program.
- Events—get involved with the planning and execution of events that benefit our programs and the community. Committee members work alongside staff, board of director’s members and other likeminded individuals. Day of event volunteers are always needed too…it really does take a village or in our case a Valley to achieve success.
- Administrative office—help our small staff with daily office duties, research, phone calls, filing may be included. Be a part of the team as we work to expand programs and services.
As a part of our “Overcoming Obstacles Program” our staff and guests can come to you! Speakers from our staff will educate you, your group or staff about homelessness, recovery, and the opiate crisis. Learn more about the Psychological Center — we welcome group and individual tours.
For more information about how you can be involved with The Psychological Center please contact Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-291-2264.